Friday, January 19, 2007

Courtney's Hummus

This is Courtney Thorne-Smith's recipe for hummus that I saw last year on the Martha Show. Ever since I found the recipe I keep making it. I love it. Very easy to make...you do need a food processor and it tastes so good on toasted syrian or pita bread. This would also make a good dip and it's heathy...a good source of protein! The recipe can be found on the Martha Stewart website. Enjoy :)

(edited 3/30/08 Martha Stewart website keeps moving their pages around causing bad links...therefore I have copied the recipe here for future reference)

Makes about 2 cups
2 cans (15-ounce) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2 tablespoons tahini
2 cloves garlic, minced
Juice of 1 lemon
1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil

In a food processor, combine the chickpeas, tahini, garlic, lemon juice, and salt; pulse to combine. With processor running, drizzle in oil until desired consistency.

First published: July 2006

No comments: