Saturday, January 27, 2007

Chicken Pot Pie

This is a wonderful recipe to use left over chicken meat. I frequently cook a large chicken in my crock pot and then use the left over chicken for a pie. My family loves this recipe!

2 cups cooked chicken
1 package Knorr Leek Soup mix
1 1/2 tbs flour
3 cups water
6 small (or 3 large) new potatoes cut in cubes
2 large carrots sliced
1 cup frozen peas or green beans
1/2 recipe pie crust (I save and freeze scraps leftover from pies previously baked)

In a 5 quart dutch oven add soup mix and flour to 3 cups cold water . Mix well using a whisk. Bring to a boil stirring frequently over medium high heat. Add potatoes, carrots and frozen peas or beans. Reduce heat to low, stirring occasionally. Cook 15 minutes until mixture is thick and vegetables are tender. Remove from heat, add cooked chicken. Pour mixture in a casserole dish and top with pie crust. Bake in a 350ยบ oven for 1 hour or until pie crust is browned.

Enjoy :)

2 comments:

Angela said...

Yummy! I always wondered what the soupy part of Chicken Pot Pie is made with. Now I know. Sounds yummy:)

Ang

Rachel said...

Hi Hakucho! Thanks for the recipe tip. I can't wait to make it!